Monday, January 31, 2011

gracias a tí hoy soy feliz

I realize I haven't blogged in a while. Things have been nuts! I am currently waiting to hear from the Lethbridge College to see if I am accepted. For this application I had to fill out the application, send  my transcripts, write the Accuplacer Assessment test, and answer a ton of interview questions. The interview questions were interesting, required a lot of work, but it really made me think. Why do I want to be a Child or Youth Care Worker? What different qualities do I have that can help me? Once filling out all the questions it got me kind of excited. I can't wait to learn this stuff and eventually help kids! They deserve so much better then they have.

I still have been keeping up with my criminal minds, kind of letting flashpoint go, but you gotta love criminal minds. Along with watching Criminal Minds with Cory he's been helping me with my Spanish (though I am still pretty bad). He showed me this song and I decided to listen to it today on my break. I REALLY like it. Once you understand what they are saying, the meaning of the song is really nice too.

Winsin y Yandel- Gracias A Ti

It seems like I have been crazy busy but it hasn't really been things out of the ordinary. Last Monday, Charmaine, Shuling, the Elders, and I went to the gym at the university and played basketball & volleyball. I definitely need to work on my sports skills, I was really bad. 

As per usual I worked on the weekend. It was great fun though. The store has a new sound system so we play pretty sweet music. I get to dance around when no one is in the store. 

We also had YSA family home evening. We (as always) had food, and we tried to plan some upcoming activities. As an effort to try to get people thinking about the importance of service I played Pres. Thomas S. Monson's talk on Service, from the October 2009 General Conference. No matter how many times we are told how important service is I think that a reminder is always in order. 

"We become so caught up in the busyness of our lives. Were we to step back, however, and take a good look at what we’re doing, we may find that we have immersed ourselves in the “thick of thin things.” In other words, too often we spend most of our time taking care of the things which do not really matter much at all in the grand scheme of things, neglecting those more important causes.......

My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us."
Pres. Thomas S. Monson (General Conference October 2009)

And last but not least. Charmaine and I took an adventure to the Confederation Court Mall at lunch. The majority of stores in the mall were having "Sidewalk Sales". So we decided to check things out. Here are a few pictures from our outing:



(Charmaine's favorite purchase of the day: Soundtrack for Princess and the Frog [30% off])


Our good deed for the day. The next lucky person will already have money in their meter :) 


Quo Eye Shadow= $3 (wooohooo Visit Teaching present), Bizou flats= $2.99 (so Charmaine bought two pairs [red and teal], luckily for me I can borrow them)

So now that would be everything. I am finally caught up. 

Hasta Mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment