Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Last

Today was the final day of my Christmas vacation. It was absolutely wonderful. I had some much fun working, spending time with my friends, and Santa was quite nice to me. It is kind of sad to see it come to an end. Tomorrow consists of the following:

History 8:30-9:20
Spanish 9:30-10:20
Sociology 4:30-5:45
(no History tutorial this week)

That is definitely one way to make yourself get back into the swing of things, start at 8:30 AM, which is huge when you are used to earliest 10AM class. I am quite excited to start my Spanish class, hopefully I'll being a natural (doubt it though).

This Christmas break I've also been trying to figure out what school to transfer in the fall, and what program to take. Still no definite decisions but after this week I am going to go to a advisor to kind of help me out. I am getting super excited to move out, not gonna lie. The idea of starting again, making new friends, not getting myself involved in any drama and lovin life. Even thinking about it makes me excited. We shall see where I end up, I'm sure where ever I end up, I will come to love!

...And finally one of my favorite quotes of all time...
.. (quoted in the amazing movie Coach Carter)

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
As we go about our day I think we all need to remember, it's our choice how we react to each situation that comes to us. We cannot choose how people act, but we can choose how we deal with what has happened. If you do your best, that is all you can do. Keep positive, and Christlike and you are sure to do the right thing.

Keep Smilin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment