Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Almost Halfway Done!

It seems that this week is going on forever. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but yet it seems like it is super busy. I love university but I think I have made a little mistake. I never thought I would say this, but I think one of my university classes are WAY TOO EASY! I don't want to sound proud, or bad but when you are sitting there and thinking that you were taught this math in grade like 10, there is a huge problem. The only bright side of this is that I will get a really good mark which will bring up my GPA. Also, I will be the master of it.

Last night I took a chance and did something I have never done before. I made a chocolate cake using the microwave. Probably isn't the healthiest or safest, but hey, it was pretty neat.

Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold water or cold brewed coffee
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract


Directions:
Combine the dry ingredients. Combine the liquid ingredients. Stir both together till well blended. 
Pour into a lightly oiled 9 inch square glass or pyrex pan or a microwave tube pan. Cook high heat (use turntable) 6 to 8 minutes or until cake tests done in center. 
Cool completely in pan. Store airtight. 
To serve, cut in pieces and serve with a chocolate pudding or sauce over the pieces.

Serves 6.
Interestingly, for Relief Society Enrichment tonight they did Yoga (I didn't attend) and like an information part on eating healthy. (I did attend) I thought it was really thought provoking . Here are  a few of the things I found:
When going to a restaurant..
  1. Always drink 500 mL of water before ordering your food.
  2. Eat an apple ( that way you aren't starving, and if takes away your sugar cravings)
  3. Salad Dressing on the side!
  4. Tighten your belt on your pants before eating. (no stretchy pants!)
  5. Always start with your vegetables/salad ( It fills you up and gives you the nutrition you need)
  6. Slow down! Chew your food 20-25 times
Remember it takes about 20 minutes for the stomach to brain connection to realize you are full. 
  • Eat every 3-4 hours!
  • Drink 2-3 L a day
  • One cream (like amount in a coffee) = 2 strips of bacon
  • Sugar suppresses your immune system

And last but not least, a quote from one of our apostles..

“The old saying, ‘The Lord is voting for me, and Lucifer is voting against me, but it is my vote that counts,’ describes a doctrinal certainty that our agency is more powerful than the adversary’s will. Agency is precious. We can foolishly, blindly give it away, but it cannot be forcibly taken from us.
“There is also an age-old excuse: ‘The devil made me do it.’ Not so! He can deceive you and mislead you, but he does not have the power to force you or anyone else into transgression or to keep you there.” (President Boyd K. Packer)
So remember, we make our own choices, if we don't like something, change it. No one can stop us from changing our circumstances except for ourselves.



Remember that the glass is always half full and you'll be surprised with how much more joy fills your life!

Good night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment