Monday, January 3, 2011

I Am For Sure a Happy Lady!

What a lovely day this has been! So many awesome things!

First of all I woke up this morning to look out my window to see massive snowflakes falling from the sky. They were HUGE and so amazing! Everything is covered in inches of snow, I love it. It makes the fields and trees look so calm and fascinating. I quickly grabbed my camera to take a few pictures. Its like a winter wonderland, too bad I live on a badly cared for road making driving conditions a little tricky.





Second interesting item of the day is my scriptures. In Relief Society they handed out spice jars filled with different goals, we were to choose one each month and do what it says. I got a couple and put them back because it didn't really work for me right now. (ex. take a free course- I am already going to university, write in your journal everyday for a month- hello blog). So these is the lovely one I chose next.


I am to read the Book of Mormon everyday for a month. And you know what they say, after two weeks it becomes a habit.  So hopefully I'll be set, considering it helps with my New Year's resolution.

...and now to the highlight of my day...
Later in the afternoon I was worrying about my money situation. It isn't necessarily bad but I was thinking about how much money I needed to pay for my tuition and books, as anyone entering university second semester would. I recently deposited a cheque in the bank and still had the receipt. I took it out to see how much I had. After being a tad discouraged I went and checked my online banking. To my surprise there was $400 more then what I had a few days previous. I could not understand why. I checked it out and totally remembered I was due to receive a grant that I got along with my student loan. I had gotten one first semester and forgot I got another one. I was ecstatic! It totally made my day, it was almost like pulling your winter coat out and finding $10 in the pocket but WAY better! My worries are gone and I am completely happy. 

With my new blog as well I think I am going to post different things I have cooked up lately and some quotes whenever I find some awesome ones. Today I have both!

Last night I made brownies with a fudge icing. It was actually really good, a tad messy but when it tastes that good who really cares?


..and finally the awesome quote. I was browsing the church website (www.lds.org) when I came across this beaut. 

“We cannot see the future with precision, but we can know what the Lord intends and what it will take [for] each of us to qualify personally to participate.”
-Pres. Henry B. Eyring 

Good Night All!

No comments:

Post a Comment