Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Love Church! and Rewind..

Today was fast Sunday, which normally I don't find it that big of a deal, but this Sunday it was awesome! I absolutely loved it! Sacrament meeting was really nice, the spirit was so strong, during Sunday School I taught the oldest class in Primary, and finally Relief Society was AWESOME! The lesson was on the talk given by Pres. Uchtdorf during the last General Conference titled "Of Things that Matter Most". If you haven't read the talk or heard it during conference I absolutely suggest reading it.

Heres the link to the talk:
http://lds.org/ensign/2010/11/of-things-that-matter-most?lang=eng

I think coming into the New Year this talk really got people thinking of how to approach the coming year. It was so good. One part that I enjoyed quite highly was the following:

"The wise understand and apply the lessons of tree rings and air turbulence. They resist the temptation to get caught up in the frantic rush of everyday life. They follow the advice “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” 1 In short, they focus on the things that matter most."
I think that as we head into the new year we need to heed the advice from Pres. Uchtdorf, we need to focus on the things that matter most.


When I was sitting in Church today I started to recognize all the amazing things that have happened to me over the past year. I'm going to try and list some of them. (not in any specific order)

1. The big 18. I finally reached the point of being an adult!
2. I now am licensed to drive a car! The freedom of being able to drive a car is insane! I absolutely love it.
3. Graduated from high school. What a massive occasion. and Prom. Planning prom and seeing the final event was absolutely amazing. It was like my little baby.
4. Graduation from Seminary. 4 years of hard work finally paying off.
5. Working at Reebok. I quite enjoy working there. There is always something great about working there.
6. Road trip to Halifax with my best friend Charmaine. The stories of that trip will definitely last for a very long  time.
7. Starting University. That is definitely a huge highlight in my life. I love going to my classes, classes that I choose and really want to learn about.
8. Band trip to New York City and Montreal. That was one of the best trips ever. I will for sure make it back to NYC. I couldn't get enough of it. Obviously I would never want to live there but I would take a vacation there in no time.
9. My big brother getting home from his mission. A joyous occasion! Having him serve a mission was a definite blessing to everyone, and now that he is home, the stories and wisdom he shares with me is awesome!
10. EFY (especially for youth). The last big shabang as a youth. This time when I went I made sure I was going to be spiritually uplifted. It would of been nice to make some friends (which I did) but I wanted to have my testimony strengthened.
11. The baptism of Shuling. I never really had so much to do with someone being baptized into the church. Going with the elders to teach her, talking at her baptism, and showing her to the faunt. It was crazy. I was never so happy for someone. The happiness she felt was so strong, and to know that I (only a little bit) could of helped her achieve that. It was for sure, one of the happiest days all year.

Though there are a ton of other awesome things that happened during the year I'm going to leave it at that.

Have a lovely Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment