Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SuMmEr VaCaTiOn!

Today is the first day of Summer Vacation and boy am I happy about it! My final exam and tests went really well yesterday. I hope to be pleased with the mark from them. There were a few iffy questions on my math exam, but  it wouldn't be a final exam without a couple.

My summer vacation started with an excellent day! Woke up to have family scripture study and prayer, had a short nap, did some laundry and then the fun times began. I decided that since during the school year I don't normally have time to actually do my nails, I sat down and went to work. Take a look-


(My fingers are kind of weirdly shaped)

Today Cory offered to babysit my cousin Colby, what a kid, while my aunt, mom and dad went to a funeral. It was quite the little adventure. Colby was surprisingly pretty good for the majority of the day. It took him a little while to warm up, but once he did he was loving it here. At one point he told me he wasn't going home. Carissa wasn't too keen about the whole situation but she dealt with it. 

While Cory was having a time playing dinkies and feeding Colby ice cream cake (that dyed his face blue), my mom asked me to hem curtains for our living room window. So I pulled out my sewing machine, I forgot how much I enjoyed sewing. This summer I am going to be doing a lot more. When I was in my sewing mood I saw some super cute headbands, so I decided to make my own. 


It is pretty simple but I like it. Apparently other people like it too because I had someone ask me to make some for her daughters for presents. This kind of excited me. I went to a dollar type store to get some headbands. I got some simple elastic type ones, and fabric ones that already have bows on them (I'm going to take them off). Now to get some super cute buttons and fabric, maybe some lace? Any ideas? I'll post pictures of them once I am done, and if I remember. 

I graciously have been included in the Byrne Family Hockey pool, at the beginning I didn't think I would do too well, but as of right now, right after the Detroit/Phoenix, and Pittsburgh/Tampa Bay, I have 6 points! I hope I do well. I even watched the games tonight, well some of them, thats a first.

Now. May 20/21st is the YSA Activity the Charlottetown YSA is putting on for the Stakes and District (pretty much whoever YSA want to come). The theme for the dance on Friday night is a Mexican Fiesta (pretty stereotypical, sorry). While I was at Value Village, looking to see if they have anything cute for the headbands, I found some sweet material (some heavy, vibrant red, and green patterned). The best find of the night, and the thing that definitely for sure made my day was this find. 

The sweetest sombrero ever! The inside of it looks legit, and it was made in Mexico. I absolutely love it! It is massive and to make it the best find.............. it was only TWENTY DOLLARS! I bet whoever bought it originally spent a lot more then $20.

Off to bed now, I luckily get to work tomorrow. I am super grateful I get to work, and even more happy that I get even more shifts now. I hope that eventually I will get even more, but I will be happy for what I get.

Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. I never get excited about spending 20 dollars at value village. I believe in 5$ or less there or I'm not sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh.. I dont know Laura.. I did some thrifting there today myself and found a cute outfit for under 10 dollas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't spend more then $10 on anything but an authentic sombrero is kind of major, and considering you would pay hundreds for it I thought it was a good deal.

    ReplyDelete