Thursday, April 7, 2011

Exams, you’ve got to be kidding me!

So normally I don’t get too stressed out about exams, sure I get nervous just like anyone else, but today was my first exam (well first of this round). I was terrified! I felt like I was going to throw up all the way to the university. Hopefully I did alright, I was super worried, but once I got in there I found I knew a lot of the material which was good. There was a few that I wasn’t sure of, but I’m hoping for half marks on those ones. It was funny/interesting. When we were sitting in the gym, waiting to start, a guy sitting two seats in front of me, was talking to the girls right behind him (so right in front of me), they were chattin’ and such, then he was like okay guys, let’s say a prayer. The girls laughed, and he proceeded to say a short prayer, asking for God to help them through the exam. The girls didn’t really go with it, or probably appreciate it, but I definitely did. I was praying all the way into that exam, and to have an extra prayer given by someone else did not hurt one bit. Thanks random guy!
During one of my many study breaks yesterday I decided I was going to go onto a bunch of store websites and apply online. Some stores have an email address that you can email your resume to, or others there is an application you have to fill out. *Just a heads up to anyone wanting to apply to GAP, or probably any store in that company- That application takes forever!! It’s like a quiz and you have 50(?) minutes to fill it out. You definitely don’t need all that time, but if you don’t finish it all in that time, the part that you do have done is attached to your resume and you can’t redo the test for 90 days. Craziness. It was kind of weird. On of the questions showed a man wearing a pair of pants, and it asked (multiple choice) what kind of pants they were, or another one asked what kind of shirt. (my answer was a stripped button down woven) So who knows. It was pretty crazy.
Anyways, there was a point with my story. Last night, I was babysitting my little brother James, and sister Carissa. Both of them were asleep, it was around 9:00 and the phone rang. I figured it was probably my mom seeing as she was supposedly going to be back in 2 hours, which dragged on longer. So I answer it, its not my mom, it was a lady and she asked to speak to me. She asked if I had applied for a job at garage online that day. I replied yes, and then she asked if I was looking for a job in Charlottetown or in Lethbridge, because I applied for a job in Lethbridge but my resume says I live in Charlottetown. So I told her Lethbridge, and it was because I am moving there in a couple months. She said that she had my resume in her hand and she was writing down all this stuff as I was telling her, (when I could start and such). She asked if when I went out there if I’d have the same phone number, I told her that I wouldn’t but that if she called the same number they would let me know. (as she’d be calling my house). So then she asked if I was going out there before I was actually moving there, so I could maybe get an interview. I said I wouldn’t be able to. So she said once I get out there to call the store, give them my new phone number and ask if they had the chance to go over my resume again. Then she would try to get me an interview! I was super excited. I thanked her, and she was like okay, see you in a couple of months! J
So as this how thing went down I couldn’t wait to tell someone. So I ran out to tell James(age 6-7 on Monday), though I knew he wouldn’t care, but I needed to tell someone. I go out to the living room and hes asleep. So whoever is home is asleep, and everyone else is gone. So I pick up my phone and call Scott. I ramble on, telling the story, and he says how excited he is for me. I hang up the phone, and as soon as the rest of my family gets home (mainly my mom) I run to tell her.
Though this story probably doesn’t seem that exciting to me I was pumped! Those mini study breaks do make a difference!
On an unfortunate note: I am sitting in the business building starting to study when I realize that the university internet is not working. How incontinent! For a second I thought if they disconnected the internet to make students study I will not be too happy seeing as a bunch of my history notes (which is my exam tomorrow) are on the internet! Hopefully it will be back on, or I will have access to the internet after my lovely early lunch break!

Have a great day! And GOOD LUCK to anyone writing exams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment