Monday, April 11, 2011

Almost There!

After tomorrow I will be 5 times happier. Somehow today I have to get the motivation to study for both Religious Studies and Math, but before I do that  I need to relax.

Somehow it is interesting how playing a simple game of grounders/sandman at the park with other YSA never gets old, or boring. I will forever be a kid in some areas. Like for instance, when you get on top of the monkey bars, and somehow manage not to get tagged even though the person who is it, is swinging their arms around underneath you. Or when the person who is it is super close to a person, and another person calls their cell phone(because they know its on) so that they get tagged. Or to make it even better, how the person who got tagged, when not it, calls or texts everyone else to try to get them it, but no one else has their phone volume on. Its just good ol' clean fun.

It's interesting how being so influenced by your culture that when studying another religion from the eastern side of the world that its seems so foreign and hard to grasp. Though it could be just me, but it's interesting how much socialization plays a role in how much we even see possible.

Yesterday I started the Teacher Improvement class- Teaching, no greater call. I'm really hoping that I will get a lot better, because I felt like an epic fail when teaching primary for a couple of weeks. Interesting enough my mom is the teacher. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said in a general conference,
"To teach effectively and to feel you are succeeding is demanding work indeed. But it is worth it. We can receive 'no greater call.'.... For each of us to 'come unto Christ,' to keep His commandments and follow His example back to the Father, is surely the highest and holiest purpose of human existence. To help others do that as well- to teach, persuade, and prayerfully lead them to walk that path of redemption also- surely that must be the second most significant task in out lives. Perhaps that is why President David O. McKay once said, 'No greater responsibility can rest upon any man [or woman], than to be a teacher of God's children'"
Boy am I in for I ride. If this is the case, I better soak in this class like there is no tomorrow.
Womens  Fioni Heaven Zipper Platform Sandal
I love these shoes! <3- and they are super comfortable! 
Now that it is getting nicer and warmer out I pulled out my summer clothing that I had hidden away. I seriously didn't think I grew at all over the winter but apparently I did, at least a little. I tried on a good 3-4 outfits yesterday until I could find something that looked good and fit. All my dresses and skirts are getting too short! With moving really soon I can not afford to go out and restock. I am going to have to find some crazy good deal to get some more.  No more complaining I have lots to buy once I make the trip out. 

Have a GREAT day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment