Saturday, September 17, 2011

BLACK LIGHT 4 LIFE!

I haven't had an actual blog post in a while and probably should of. Here is a short update. WOWeek, was pretty awesome. The first night was a BBQ at the institute building, just to meet people and such. They also had the Canadian Red Cross come and you could get your blood tested to see what your blood type was. From this I learned that I have most likely A- blood, I was dehydrated that day, and that my blood clots really well. By the time she got enough blood to test it had already formed a clot, stopping it from bleeding. Positive I think? Second thing was the Slip 'n' Slide.. INTENSE X10. They had it at the Sugar Bowl (super similar to Stonepark) with a HUGE tarp, constant water, and bottles and bottles of soap that everyone smeared all over themselves. It was hilarious and amazingly fun. It even resulted in certain Institute teachers being forced down the tarp by multiple students. The dance was Friday night which was quite fun. It was kind of iffy due to the fact I didn't really know very many people at that part. It was held outside at the institute building which was a nice change. Saturday was a pancake breakfast (didn't attend, I valued my sleeping in time) and Sunday was the CES broadcast with Elder Oaks and his wife. That broadcast was really good! I highly enjoyed it. I took a lot of notes! After the broadcast, and the food, we headed home and then I attempted to play Settlers of Catan with Jenni, one of the neighbors and another guy. Eventually other people came over but it was pretty chill. I am terrible at that game, I definitely require a partner.

School has been going really well. I am really enjoying it. My classes are pretty sweet and on Tuesday to Thursday I am going on a camping trip (which is actually a credited class!).

Last night I took a leap out of my comfort zone and went to a Black Light Dance Party! Holy Freak it was Fun! Initially I had to get over my shy part but other then that I had a blast! I met up with a few people I knew and caught up with a guy I had known before but haven't seen for a LONG TIME! It was super nice! I tried to take pictures, but it didn't really work out too well.

(Pre- Party!)

(Sarah and I- Long lost friends)


FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Finally, I had a short but super awesome conversation with a friend last night! I am so grateful for friends who like sharing awesome things with me! Makes me feel special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment