Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Once Again

I am never very happy when it comes to Mondays. I'm usually tired and not ready to face all the work ahead of me. This past weekend was great though. We got home early afternoon Yesterday. I definitely used my quiet time to take a quick nap.

Last night the Elders and Branch Mission Leader (Cory) put on a fireside on how we can use Preach my Gospel. It was a really informative fireside. They brought up a lot of things that I never thought of. The only thing that I was disappointed with was the lack of attendance from the Branch. To have 11 people (including those putting on the fireside) attend when there was great effort put into it, I find disturbing. I personally feel that and we are told to be at your appointed place at the appointed time. I understand the occasional thing that comes up and you can't attend but to have 11 people. I was kind of disgraceful.

After the fireside we made our way home, and I watched the CES broadcast! L.Tom Perry is awesome! He spoke with great concern, wonderful stories and the Spirit. He is an incredible speaker. He said.....

"You are the generation the Lord has saved for this day. . . . I challenge you to become the greatest generation."

I want our rising generation to be that great generation. Favorite thing ever was a text that I got right after the broadcast... "L.Tom Perry is a freakin' stud!!!" (I love my friends!)

Here are a few pictures from my weekend that I forgot to include earlier...

View From Hotel Room

again...

and again..
the bedroom in the hotel
my ticket for the Friday Night games
So today I was talking to a friend. As a result from this wonderful conversation I have come to a conclusion that I have a new favorite word:


Serendipity
"an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident."
(dictionary.com)

I came to this from the wonderful song:

Sweet Serendipity- Lee DeWyze



Thanks Josh! It is awesome!

Good Night ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment