Monday, October 24, 2011

Life goes on..

First of all, an awesome song that Charmaine shared with me. I love it! 
Will You Be There- Boyce Avenue
Next song that I also love: Fast Car- Boyce Avenue [Credit: Alyssa- http://alyssafraser.blogspot.com/]

Both these songs make me happy.

As always, lots of things have been going on. Some trials, some blessings and some things that I am sure are blessings in disguise. Though it is hard to see through the clouds sometimes I am so grateful when I do.
It is so interesting how more amazing life can be once you change your perspective. The way you can go from complete despair to being happy again. Sometimes you just need to stop, calm down, realize that life goes on and that you will be okay. The Lord won't give you anything you can't handle so why not trust him? Sometimes it is frickin' hard, and you feel like things couldn't get any worse, or you feel like someone stabbed you in the heart, but when you stop, think, and look at the many possible situations things turn themselves around. As life goes about it's course, with uncertainty, the Lord is always there to help you. 

The other night I had to close the store that I work at by myself for the first time. It took me a while and probably like 10 minutes before I had to close I was viewing some business details on the computer. When I went to go back to the main screen it wouldn't let me. I was terrified. I couldn't get it to go back no matter how hard I tried. I was worried I was going to have to call my manager who had just left  and feel completely stupid. I pleaded with my Father in Heaven to help me. I didn't want to look incompetent after she had previously told me how fast a learner she thought I was. I pleaded numerous times, asking Him to help me. As I was trying many different things it finally went back to the main screen. The relief that washed over me was incredible. I was so grateful. As I continued to close the store I continued to pray, asking for His hand. As I struggled at times, and some things took longer then it normally would I managed to close the store. How grateful I was for the Lord's hand in my life. I managed to get out of the store, speed walk to the bus, and just made it by 3 minutes. 

The Lord is mindful of us. 

Trials are there, and they do cause us grief but we grow so much from them. The heart becomes stronger, our minds become sharper, and our testimony of our Saviour and our Father in Heaven increase. 

As I was going through a particularly hard time this weekend I really relied on Him to help me. Along with His help I talked to my brother, who directed me to a song by Laura Story. It is entitled "Blessings". It didn't help that I was already emotional the song made the tears stream down my cheeks. The combination of my sorrow but also the lyrics of the song really hit me hard. I was going to just select certain parts of the lyrics to post but they are all just amazing.





We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise



I highly suggest listening to this song when times are tough. We may not feel like it is true during the time but a change in perspective can make all the difference. 

I am so grateful for the blessings I have because of the things I know. While at institute last week my teacher  asked us:

"How do you know you know?"

I want you to think and ask yourself that question. I don't care if you tell someone or just keep it to yourself. I think when you ponder that question it will make recognizing that way, when it happens, even more prominent.

May you never forget the reasons you know what you know. 

P.S. Two amazing Mormon Messages. I must admit- I cried.




No comments:

Post a Comment