Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summertime

Oh how I absolutely love the summer! Over the past couple days I have managed to get a tan, have a picnic and play some soccer. On Sunday after giving my mother a lovely phone call, I made banana bread and my grand grandmother's peanut butter fudge. It is so delicious! After making that, my roommmate, Jaisie, and I decided to have a picnic, so I whipped up some things of garlic bread aswell. We headed to the park with Jaisie's picnic basket full of food, a blanket and our lawn chairs. We met our friend Laura there who brought some more lovely stuff and we had ourselves a picnic. It turned out to be just the three of us which I was totally okay with. Eventually we ended up just laying in the sun.. and I got somewhat of a tan.. and a little burn on my arm.

Yesterday I decided that I was going to conquer one of the cutest cakes ever. I'm pretty sure it took me about 2.5 hours, due to the fact we only had one round cake pan.. The following is the result of this great cake!

I am so proud of it. I absolutely love it! 


After baking for the majority of the afternoon Jaisie called and asked if I wanted to go play soccer. I was  a bit hesitant, but I decided to go. As for most times I play sports I for some reason it takes a while for me to get into it.. but once I got into it, I had a lot of fun. Apparently I wasn't as bad as I thought I was going to be. Though I am definitely not saying that I am amazing, because I am really not, but I kind of surprised myself. Overall, it was loads of fun and I would definitely do it again.

I love summer! So excited that it is finally here. When looking at the forecast for today, this afternoon it is suppose to be a high of 31! Holy crap, I am gonna die, but definitely die happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment