Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6, 2012

Today was such an interesting day that it has to be documented. First though, the Avengers was AWESOME! I seriously absolutely loved it. Maybe I just have a thing for good looking guys saving the world, humor and loads of action, but hey, it was great! If you are even sorta thinking about it, I'd say do see it for sure!
Another awesome thing was that yesterday, I finally got a mattress and boxspring that fits my bed. My previous mattress was slightly too small so it just fell through, so I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor within my frame. Now I am in bed heaven. It is awesome! Now I just need to buy more pillows. Did I mention my bed is monsterly big? Well it is.
Note my roommate's bed beside mine. Monster.
Now on to today. This morning I got up earlier so that I could enjoy my Sunday morning. I got ready for church and sat in the sun! We made it to church and went to Relief Society (note: church starts at 12). After that first class was over I checked my phone. 3 missed calls and 2 voicemails. I was kind of surprised. I listened to the first message....
It was from mall security saying that they couldn't get a hold of my manager and that our store wasn't open.. The person scheduled didn't show up. It was now 1:00 and the mall opened at 12. Oh man. I managed to get a hold of my manager who was freaking out. I was a good 20 minutes closer to the mall than she was so I raced home to grab my keys and then to the mail. 1:20.. The store finally opened. As much as I said I wouldn't work on Sundays I saw an opportunity to serve and I took it. How grateful I am for these opportunities.
Speaking of service. In order for me to get my bed, I needed a truck. So I got a hold of a friend who offered to help. The trooper he was came to help me at 9am on Saturday morning in the light rain. To repay him I decided to make an assortment of treats... Banana bread, cookies and brownies.. Delicious. Needless to say my evening was spent baking.

... What an eventful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment