Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Important things to Remember.

REMEMBRANCE DAY...
I am so very grateful for those who have fought for the freedom of my country and those around me. Their act of selfless service is a true manifestation of the love that they have for their fellow men. I am deeply grateful for those who have fought, those who are currently serving, and their families. May these people be forever blessed and kept in our hearts, recognizing the true sacrifices they have given.

As I aspire to do these things spoken of by Chief Tecumseh , this is only possible because of these courageous men and women. Thank you for allowing me to strive to reach my potential by giving me the freedoms I need to do so.


"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion;respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHRISTmas...
This year for Christmas I will not be returning to the dear Island. Due to certain circumstances I will be staying in Lethbridge for the holidays. I am still unsure I feel about it. At first I thought it would be okay, I didn't really have a problem with it, but now that it is getting closer and I can think of many things that I will be missing, I really wish I was going home.

Because of this I have decided a few things. 
First, I am going to make this the best Christmas to date. I am going to make it happen! 
Second, I am going to focus completely on the Saviour. 
Third, I would like to be super crafty this year. Lots of craftiness and baking. I have been given these gifts, I should be using them. 

I decided to change my blog around to reflect this current season (yes, I am aware that there is still like a month and a half). If I am going to make this the best Christmas ever than I am going to have to start preparing now! Wish me luck! 

If I remember, I am going to do a 12 days of Christmas sort of thing, but for each day I am going to write that number of things that I am grateful. No repeating! 

So that is what I aspire to do for this coming Christmas season.




1 comment:

  1. I assure you, you can do it! Last year was my first Christmas away from home and I spent it with Michelle and Vanessa. We had an amazing day and I know you can too. Make new traditions and as you said, bake lots and share lots. It's so fun. I love Christmas, even without family. It's still wonderful when focussed on Christ :)

    ReplyDelete