Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Today I am Happy.

It is ever so interesting how if you begin your day with thoughtful prayer, and feasting on the words of Christ how your day is so much better. Though some rough things got in the way I still seem to be in a good mood.

There is a Facebook event for Monday titled "Sharing the Gospel Through Social Media." I thought it was an amazing idea. In the description they quote Pres. Uchtdorf when he said, "With so many social media resources and a multitude of more or less useful gadgets at our disposal, sharing the good news of the gospel is easier and the effects more far-reaching than ever before." So the challenge is as follows..


On June 27, 2011, in memory of the martyrdom of Joseph Smith, let us use our Facebook profile to share the gospel. Let us do so by posting gospel messages on our status. A few suggestions:
1. Share your favorite quote by Joseph Smith2. Share videos from Mormon Messages3. Share a link to mormon.org or lds.org4. Share a recent quote from general conference5. Share this event :)
So I definitely took the chance to post one of my favorite quotes from this past General Conference. It was from Elder Dallin H. Oaks',

"Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming." 

Here's the link to the rest of the talk:
http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/desire?lang=eng

I find it interesting how some topics seem like the Lord is really making you look at. While I was reading my scriptures (on my break at work) I came across this scripture:

"And by their desires and their works you shall know them." (D&C 18:38).  So at one point I probably skimmed over that verse thinking nothing of it, but after rereading the talk, and picking out that quote, the scripture stood out even more. I love when everything comes together.

Well the first part of this blog post I wrote on Monday, but wasn't done so I just saved it, and finally got to finishing it today. Part of the reason I never got to finish the post was due to the fact I had an awesome time with the fam for FHE. Normally we have a semi boring lesson, people are fighting and there usually ends up being like 3 people left at the end. This week it was warm and sunny, so we all got changed, went out, and washed the cars. It was a lot of fun! Afterwards we all jumped in the clean cars and drove up the road and got ice cream. Definitely one of the best we've had for a while!

The weather today was again BEAUTIFUL! I was pumped that even though I didn't have the day off, I didn't work till 1 so I could still enjoy the sunshine! The kids were outside playing on their homemade water slide so I decided to join them outside. I just laid out there and soaked up the sun. I got a little sunburn on my nose and under my eyes but overall I LOVED IT!

Lastly, after so great consideration, I bought a pair of sweatpants today. At work they were $18! Insane right?! I just couldn't pass it up, so I broke down and bought a pair. Sadly the women's didn't have any that were tight at the bottom, and normally I wouldn't think I'd like them, but I just felt the need to get them. So, I got a pair of men's. Had to get a small, which are still extra baggy, and a little long, but who cares, they are sweatpants. LOVE THEM!

So as you can tell, I have been trying to pay attention to the little things in my life that make me happy, like sweatpants, days off, sunshine, and awesome General Conference talks. Oh, and also chattin' with friends from places far away. Ever so grateful for technology.

Half way through the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment