Monday, August 15, 2011

Blessings

"Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost." 
Robert H. Schuller

"A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy."
Alexander Solzhenitsyn 

 If the Lord wanted us to be unhappy He would never bless us with all the opportunities and blessings He does. If that is the cause, then what gives us the power to completely overlook them and pay more attention to what we don't have at that given time then what we have been given?

This past weekend I definitely have been given many many blessings. Some more evident then others. I feel extremely grateful for many things that I have recently been given. This weekend I had the absolute pleasure of driving to Halifax with two of my most amazing friends, Alyssa (http://alyssafraser.blogspot.com) and Emily. I absolutely loved being with them. Leaving at 11:00pm Friday night we arrived at Jessica's apartment early Saturday morning. After some great chats we went to sleep. In the morning Alyssa and I picked up Cory at his apartment and drove to the temple. Alyssa and I did baptisms and it was such a blessing to be able to do those with her. She is such a blessing in my life and I will miss her dearly. After we went for lunch and dropped her off at Haig's house down the street. Cory and I waited at the temple for my parents to arrive so that I could receive my Patriarchal Blessing. What an amazing experience. It amazes me what the Lord has in store for me. To receive that insight into what the Lord is willing to give me if I do my part and the amount of lives I can touch. What an incredible thing. I feel so privileged to be able to have that.

The rest of the day consisted of driving around Halifax with Alyssa, Haig and Jared (my navigator), almost getting hit by a bus (INSANITY) and going to the beach! After some lovely sun we went to get ice cream and I ventured back to Jessica's. After not exactly being able to find my way I grabbed Tim at his and Cory's apartment and we headed over. We then proceeded to go downtown/the waterfront. Cory joined us at the apartment after. Sunday consisted of breakfast at Jessica's, church at the single's ward, and a mini chill sesh back at the apartment. The roadtrip would not be complete without going on the ferry so that's how we ended the night.

I am so grateful for the people I spent the weekend with. Emily, Jessica, Tim, Cory, Haig, Jared.. all such amazing people. All unique but with qualities that I would not want to live without. They seriously are amazing people and I am so grateful to know them.

I am so grateful for the people in my life, the opportunities I have, and the blessings the Lord gives me. I am so excited for what the future has in store for me. Though I am nervous, I am not scared. I know the Lord will look after me, and that I have wonderful friends and family who are always there for me.

I am extremely blessed.

May everyone feel as blessed as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment